What has been better than expected?
There are a few things that I think have exceeded our expectations. The first one being our adjustment here. We heard some crazy horror stories before we came. But we got here and instantly loved it. It was a complete nightmare getting here, but once we stepped off that plane things turned up. We were starting our new journey in a new place and we were excited to jump in and experience the amazing things Dominica has to offer! One of them being...
The FOOD!
Just look at this amazing market goodness!
For both Broc and me, I think we could say food has definitely exceeded our expectations. Coming from Utah where it is just the opposite of tropical, we have loved the food here. The freshest fish you could imagine, the best grapefruit, and of course the tropical delights: mango, pineapple, guava and passion fruit! I hear a lot of people say they don't love the food here. I agree that it is different. I have had to cook completely different here. Coming up with new recipes to use the ingredients we have. But maybe that is why I love it. It has forced me to be creative.
The passion fruit plant
Our landlord took us up to his farm and let us pick passion fruit!
Passion fruit was my secret ingredient for a while... passion fruit syrup for pancakes, passion fruit banana bread, passion fruit marinated chicken, passion fruit pork chops, passion fruit custard, passion fruit cake, passion fruit sweet rolls, passion fruit juice ... I might have gone a little crazy but this delectable fruit has made quite the appearance at our house!
Fresh fish! It seriously doesn't get any fresher than this!
Yellow-fin tuna and Mahi- Mahi are our favorites!
My mom couldn't believe the fish here! It really is pretty crazy how big some of them are!
to this!
Marinated fish with a mango salsa!
Bananas galore! They are so cheap here, we seriously eat them almost everyday!
Fresh Coconut Water from the market
One of Crew's favorites!
These yummies will be missed when our time is done here!



1 comment:
yummm :) I love all of your passion fruit ideas...I am gonna have to steal some :)
Post a Comment