4.30.2012

In honor of my Dad...

Today is my Daddy's birthday. 
Everyone of his birthdays as far back as I can remember was always was celebrated with a chocolate cake topped with mom's fluffy white frosting!
My family would go to dinner at the Utah Noodle, his favorite Chinese restaurant.
I miss so many things about him. 
And I wish that my boys could know how great of a man their Grandpa was.
He was always the first to lend a hand, and would give the shirt off his back to anyone.
And his smile- oh his sweet smile was one of my favorite features about him.
He had a circular scar on his forhead left from a mole that was removed.
His hands were dry and filled with freckles.
He always had a can of R/C, oysters, raspberry filled donuts, and soft batch cookies in his cupboards.
His favorite color was green.
He drove an old blue Ford truck.
He loved good ol' fashion country music.
One of my favorite memories was when he would come home. He would stand by the door and 
I would run the length of the kitchen and he would scoop me up and give me the biggest squeeze. 
I loved that. 
Sometimes I wish that I could turn back time and just relish the short time I had with him. 
Thirteen years was just not long enough.
Though I know I will see him again, I wish that he was here to see my kids grow up. 
And to hear about my experiences that I have had over the last 16 years. 

It's moments like this that make me think about the importance of everyday. 
Though days like this are hard, I love that I get this experience to be reminded 
to never take a single moment for granted. 
Because you never know when it might be your last with someone you love. 


So in honor of my dad... a chocolate cake with mom's fluffy white marshmallow frosting!



Happy Birthday Dad! I love and miss you everyday!




1 comment:

Ann Warner said...

What a beautiful tribute Crystal. It is sweet to read this post to help us all remember to live today. We sure miss you guys and hope you are enjoying the break!!!