4.08.2012

Easter in Dominica!

Two little bed heads excited to find some eggs and their baskets! 
I don't know why, but I just adore pictures like this!


Jack spotted his basket first thing! 


And wouldn't you know that silly Easter Bunny must have got his tail stuck in the door on his way out! Silly rabbit!


This boy loves chocolate! Check out that death grip he has!
Crazy for me cause Crew never really loved it... until recently.


"elp meh" aka (help me)


and it didn't take long for Crew to spot his basket!




These two...















"eggie!!!"


Oh I just love this age that Jack is at. He loved finding eggies! All day long, they would play Easter Bunny. Crew would hide the plastic eggs and then jack would come with his basket and find them! Kids make everything so much fun!




Both Broc and I spoke in church so it was a bit of a crazy morning, making sure we had everything ready. I am not a huge fan of speaking in church, but I always feel so uplifted after I prepare a talk. We spoke on the Atonement. So fitting on Easter Sunday. Right after my talk, my young women and I sang, "I know that my Redeemer Lives." I joked with Broc saying, I should have said the opening and closing prayers as well! haha. But the young women did great! (And for the record, we had planned to sing that song weeks before. We found out sort of last minute that we were speaking.)


We had Lance, a friend from the Branch, over for dinner.


And for dessert...I had made a cake for my friend Kristen. It was her birthday on Easter! 
So we headed over to Glanvillia after dinner.



Happy Birthday my beautiful friend! I don't know what I would have done without you! 


It was a beautiful day. Crazy and non-stop, but wonderful. Wonderfully, filled with the spirit of good news that our Savior lives.

Pieces of my talk were taken from Elder Hollands talk, None Were With Him. I love this video and I think it touches on the true reason we celebrate Easter. I don't think it's possible to watch this and not feel the love our Savior has for each of us. Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Katie Price said...

What fun family traditions & great pictures, Crystal. The cake for Kristen looks to-die-for!