10.06.2009

Shiny and New!

Broc and I have some pretty crazy stories when it comes to cars. We had two cars when we were first married! My 1995 Ford Escort and his 1997 Mazda 626. Well due to school expenses and a minimal income we were forced to sell one of our cars. We decided to sell my Escort. I cried the day the guy came to pick it up. It was the dumbest decision we had made up to that point in our marriage. I had paid cash for my Escort so we didn't have a car payment on it, but we were still paying on his 626. Dumb idea, I know! Really keep the car you are paying on? Live and learn, I guess. Well a few months after selling my pride and joy, the Mazda dies! Really, what are the odds! Just before this my Mom and Lynn had just purchased a new car and so their old Ford Taurus was sitting at their house unused. They donated the Taurus to the cause and we were extremely grateful. It was such a blessing! We have been so fortunate to not have a car payment for so many years, thanks to you Mom! However, it has been very challenging only having one car. When our gold beauty started giving us some scares we decided to start looking for another, more reliable car. We have so many fond memories of the gold Taurus... I will share just a few with you:


Here is a little visual for ya:)


*The awesome sound system... TAPE deck!
*The incredible gas mileage... ha ha I wish!
*The look of a space ship!
*My ultimate favorite... our spray bottle A/C! The A/C went out in the heat of the summer, so we had no choice but to bring a water spray bottle along to spray us down, keeping us cool with the windows down and the wind blowing through our hair! Crew LOVED it! He really thought it was the greatest thing. He would say, "spray me again Mommy!" Really, I don't think you can get more ghetto than that!


In the 5 1/2 years we have been married, we had never purchased a car. We had looked around for a bit and then found a steal on KSL. So we went to look at it. Because this dealership was only having about 3 people on their lot a day, they were picking random cars on their lot and posting them for a low price. We were even able to talk them down another thousand! As we were getting ready to sign the paper work, I started to get major anxiety thinking of the amount of money! We had NEVER made a purchase this big before in the 5 1/2 years of our married life! (I can't imagine buying a house!) But we both felt good about it and got it for an incredible deal! On July 24, we signed the paper work and the deal was done! Wahoo... our first car purchase together!

Now it is definitely not our dream car by any means. But it is a step up from the gold space ship! It is not brand new, but is new to us! And it purrs like a kitten! Sometimes when we are driving in it one of us will make the comment, "I can't believe we actually have a car this nice!"


2006 Ford Fusion









We are grateful to have two cars and will continue to drive the Gold Beauty until it dies!

7 comments:

Bell Family said...

Congrats! Nice car! Believe me the headaches and anxiety never goes away. One house and 6 cars later we still walk away from signing all of the paperwork with migraines and exhausted. Hope you enjoy the car!

Jill Lau said...

YEAH for two cars. We bought a 2006 black ford fusion earlier this year and I love it. I hope you like it.

Nicole said...

how exciting!!!! new car smell, and all!

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you I loved your description of spray AC I was giggling. Oh the glamour of life. I could tell you a few stories that would make you smile, but we will leave that for another day:) Your new ride is beautiful, not to discredit the Taurus, it has a beauty all its own. Thanks for making me smile today.

Joanna McGuire said...

Good job on the nice car. Since Chris and I have been married we have had two cars we have signed on. I hope to not have a car payment one day.

Lifes Great Adventures said...

Congrats on the new car, it look really nice.

Chelsey said...

Congrats on your car (a little late, I know)!