9.12.2011

He has come a long way...

Crew has never really loved water. I mean, he loves baths (or loved- we only have showers here) and swimming in pools but he has always hated getting his hair washed. He hated the water getting in his eyes, he hated it dripping in his ears. He hated everything about a drop of water on his head. It was a battle everytime we would wash his hair. And moving here was especially hard because we only had showers. And that made for some really fun times! But finally after a few showers with Dad he was ok to shower. Still didn't love the idea of water on his head, but didn't scream at the top of his lungs. It was a step. Moving into our new place it still has a shower, but it also has a tub faucet- which makes washing hair so much easier. And then a few days ago he was in the shower with the faucet on and I saw this!
No tears!!! I really never thought this day would come. He still doesn't like to put his head under water in a pool, but he has come a long way!

1 comment:

Jeanette Nielson said...

That is just AWESOME!!! I am thrilled for him... & you! Believe me, especially with many different things about Rhees, I totally get the joy from every little bit of progress with things. Water can be so much fun. I'm so happy to see him loving it!

Love & miss you guys so much!!