We woke up to no water. And the power was off most of the morning. It was pouring rain almost all day, only to let up a little here and there. I had put Jack down for his morning nap. Unfortunately, he got woken up early by the toilet water girgling because it was coming back on. Sounds wierd but it is loud. When the water did come back on it was brown and mirky, to be expected.
I had a young women's activity later this afternoon. One of my girls, who goes to school in Roseau (a town about an hour away) called and said she wasn't going to be able to make it to the activity because the roads were flooded. At the time I thought, ya it gets pretty crazy on the roads when it rains. But I didn't expect it to be as bad as it was.
Here is an update from Dominica News Online:
"Heavy rainfall associated with Tropical Storm Ophelia has been causing widespread flooding across the island. The Dominica Meteorological Office reports that Ophelia is expected to produce total rainfall accumulations of two to four inches mainly over the northern Leeward and Windward Islands.
Rainfall and thunderstorm activity is expected to continue to affect Dominica today.
Presently the Canefield Airport is flooded.
Police and fire officials are on the ground in Canefield and Massacre {neighboring towns} assisting those in need and warning pedestrian not to cross the bridges in the communities but some have not heeded the warning..."
Pictures from: http://dominicanewsonline.com
This happened today on the small island we are living on! Luckily, it didn't hit as hard in the area that we are at. But we have some friends who live in neighboring areas that were affected. I have heard two people have died. It makes me sick to think of all of the people who have lost thier homes and cars, how awful to have everything just washed away. Many people are stuck and can't get home because the roads are now closed. I feel so blessed to be safe at home with my babes. With or without the power and brown mirky water, I feel that I have everything I need. It is times like these that really make you think about those things that are truly the MOST important. Please pray for the sweet people of Dominica who were affected by this awful storm.










2 comments:
we will definitely keep all of you in our prayers and looks like you had a wonderful break with Broc :) and holy cow that beetle is ginormous!!!
wow! what a crazy storm! glad to hear you are safe!!!
Post a Comment