We had bought the mini crib when we lived in the one bedroom apartment and didn't have room for a full sized crib. The plus side was that it was a lot cheaper and fit in our place, the down side is that Crew is a big boy and grew out of it quick! Poor kid just look at him end to end.
We found a bed on KSL. It definitely needed some work. Not that big of a deal, right???
How hard can it be to paint a headboard, footboard and rail?
A lot harder than you think. This is Broc applying the primer! Yep, you can't just start painting it. I really had no idea how much work we were in for. He was the one who knew what he was doing. Me on the other hand, not so much. I just started painting away not realizing that there is a bit of an art to it. You can definitely tell the ones that I painted vs. the one's Broc did.
It turned off really cold and snowed right after we applied the primer. (Of course) So we had to finish the paint job in the garage. No pics of that fun time. But we finally finished it and here is the finished product being put together.
Broc was so excited to get it set up that he did a little jig! Just kidding, he is really using his strong leg muscles to fit the bed together!
The finished product! I was a little apprehensive about the green as we were painting it because I definitely didn't want to redo the whole thing.
What do you think? I know his room definitely needs some decor so any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!
Crew had to test out his "big boy bed"...
This is one happy kid who loves his big boy bed!
12 comments:
Nice job!!! I know what you mean when you say it was a pain to paint. Lucky for me when we did Eths bed I was 6 months prego, so Nate took it on all by himself.
I am glad Crew loves his big boy bed!
It looks great! I really like the green! I am so bad at looking at a color and deciding before I paint if it will look good, you guys did a great job! Crew is so cute!
yeah we decided to paint our bunk beds...only took a couple of months and it is still not done!!! haha I can't believe how big Crew is everytime i see him!!!
I really love the green. The pillows and quilt are so cute too.
I can't believe Crew is growing up so fast! I love the bed. You guys did a great job!
P.S. Happy Birthday Crys!!
The bed looks awesome! I love the green color, you did a fantastic job! I definitely know what you're talking about when you say that it's not as easy as it looks. Mike and I did that to Andrew's crib, except we had to strip it before we painted it...seriously the most annoyingly tedious job...but it in the end it's worth it. :-) ALSO...Happy birthday I'm glad you had a great day!
The bed looks great! I seriously love that little kid. He is talking so well these days! I can't believe how big he is getting. (i am talking about Broc by the way... ha ha jk)
I love the bed!!!
That bed is sooo darling. He looks so little when he's on that bed. But your right, he was way to big for his crib...that looked hilarious. I Love that boy.
Crew is huge! I love the green new big boy bed. You guys did an amazing job.
Wow. That is a good looking bed. Good call on the green color. Andrew and I are about to undertake some projects...repainting a dresser, desk, kitchen table and 6 chairs. How hard can it be, right? Hahaha. We'll call Broc to make sure we're following all the steps correctly...
Hey you guys, the bed turned out darling! What cute bedding! Did you make it? You always find the cutest things. I really can't believe that our little Crew is growing up so big. It happens way too fast doesn't it. It is fun though. Give the little sweetie a kiss from all of us!
Post a Comment