Well since Broc shared the news of me turning 26, I will share a bit of what surprises he had in store for me!
It is tradition in our house that you get breakfast in bed on your birthday! So here is the amazing breakfast that Broc made for me and the not so hot pics of me:) I really can't believe I am posting these!
He had to take me somewhere to put the camera to use... Surprise #3... THE ZOO! I have definitely never been there on my birthday and we had never taken Crew so it was the perfect thing! It was a beautiful day to go and so fun to watch Crew make all of the animal sounds!
Crew was not a big fan of the gorilla. As you can see by the look on my face I was a little afraid as well:)
Poor kid running away from that scary gorilla
Fun Times on the Merry-Go-Round! It had been forever since I had been on one of those!
We couldn't get Crew to sit on one of the animals, but I think he still had a fun time!
Daddy and Crew riding the seal!
It was so funny, they had turkeys and peacocks everywhere. Crew kept calling the peacocks "turkeys". He LOVED chasing them!







This is a giant elephant if you can't tell!
By this point Crew was ready to go! It started getting pretty cold there by the end!
Just as we were leaving this giant lion tried to attack Broc.
I tried to save him, luckily Broc got away but the lion got me instead!
I think this was my favorite part of the day... Hot Chocolate at "Hatch's Chocolate"! The very best hot chocolate in the world and the best surprise ever! It is this small little place in the Avenues, but man do they make some killer chocolate! We will definitely be back! (The lady in the background really wanted to tell me "happy birthday" but was too shy so she decided to jump into our pic instead:)


Me enjoying the chocolate! Sooooo gooooood!!!
We went up to Morgan on Sunday. My mom made my favorite Chow Mein. Her recipe is to dye for. I love it! My family and Broc's family came over for the celebration! Thanks mom for all of the hard work you went to making the day so special!
This is my niece Kaibrienne. She made me that cute flower that is in my hair for my birthday! What a little sweetheart!
My nephew Treyson and me blowing out candles. His birthday was the day before mine. Hope my wish comes true! My mom made the cake too. It was chocolate cake with "Marshmallow" or "Fluffy White" frosting (there was a bit of a feud between me and Lesli, [Broc's mom] as to the REAL name of the frosting:) Whatever you call it, the cake was divine! Thanks again mom!

A few days before my birthday I was not excited at all about turning 26. It was a bit depressing to think of being an age that was closer to 30 instead of 20. Then I met a lady who looked like she was 40, she had a couple of kids and a few months ago had given one up for adoption. A person who had encountered many trials to say the least. I found out that she actually was my same age! This somehow made me reflect on the many blessings I have been blessed with over the last 26 years.
I am grateful I truly feel so blessed to have such an amazing husband. (You can get a glimpse of how sweet he is in the previous post!) He really means everything to me. And despite all of my faults he still loves me! I have been blessed with the great opportunity of being a mother to such a sweet little boy who fills each day with so much joy, laughter and happiness. I have been born into an incredible family and have amazing parents. I am so blessed to have the knowledge of the gospel in my life. Because without it I would not have the joy of knowing I can be with my family forever and sharing eternity with my best friend and baby. I feel so blessed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It is so incredible to have a knowledge of such amazing truths and to know that I am a child of God. I sometimes wonder why I have all that I do and why so many other people have it so rough. Not to say that I haven't had trials, but sometimes I really feel that I am living a fairy tale dream. Life has just gotten better with each year. And if that is how it continues to be, bring on the birthdays!
13 comments:
I wish I looked that good just waking up in the morning...but I never will! You are gorgeous! Happy Birthday again...looks like it was a good one!!!
Happy Birthday Crystal. I know what you mean about being closer to 30 than 20. But no matter how old you are, I'll always be older:(
I hope you post a lot of pictures you take with your new camera of that cute son of yours.
Looks like you had a great birthday. I can't believe you wore high heel shoes to the zoo...your officially nuts! I would fall on my face for sure.
By the way...I love your bed and bedding...super cute!
Broc is officially a great husband. How cute is his post about you? So sweet!
what a fun birthday!!! and you look great just waking up!!!
These past couple posts of you guys are so sweet and tender. What a loving family. It looks like your birthday was incredible! Happy belated! And I can't say this enough but, YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!! Love you!
Crystal, are you kidding you look gorgeous even at that hour in the morning. happy birthday! I love the picture of your family at the top. What a beautiful family
It was so good to hear from you and to be able to check out your cute family,your little boy is so dang cute.
Happy Birthday! Aren't families the best. I am glad you have such a sweet husband - you deserve it.
Happy Birthday Crystal! It looks like you had a great birthday. I wish I could look that good when I wake up.
What a wonderful birthday! Broc is such a sweetheart. His last post just made me smile so big! I am so glad that he surprised you so well and made your special day perfect. Happy birthday. I have to agree with previous commenters...you are GORGEOUS, and I cannot believe how amazing you look when you are just waking up...so unfair! You are so sweet, and I will agree to what Broc said, you are so kind and loving to EVERYONE. Happy birthdy pretty girl!
Crystal! I hope you had a great birthday! Sorry this is so belated! It looked like you had fun though! If you ever want to go to the zoo again let me know and Nathan and I can meet you and Crew! I love his big boy bed! It is so cute!
What a fun Birthday! You guys all look great.
Okay, I'm pretty sure that I didn't post a comment about your birthday yet, even though I know I thought about it several times. I'm a little behind on the blogging thing & catching up on everyone else's too. But, what's new? I'm usually behind on everything.
So, it looks like you had just the funnest birthday ever! We used to go to the zoo every year for Rhees' & Ambrian's birthdays. We love Hogle Zoo. Actually we love most zoos. That is probably our kids' funnest thing to do.
I wish that I lived nearby & could have taken you to lunch sometime around your birthday for the big day. But I'm glad that you were taken care of by Broc & then with your dinner at Mom's. I loved your comment at the end of the post about bringing on the birthdays. You are so so awesome. I'm so glad that you were born & that we got to be sisters. Happy Happy Birthday, Sis.
Post a Comment