11.29.2008

I Can't Believe This!


A few months ago we bought Crew a "big boy potty". He was so excited about it. We brought it inside and sat him down on it and he instantly did pee pees in the potty! I couldn't believe it. That never happens, at least from the stories I heard. I thought we had Crew potty trained in 5 minutes!

The next morning I tried to sit him on it and he absolutely refused, threw a tantrum and would not sit on the potty. So we backed off and thought maybe he just wasn't ready. Then on November 25 he heard Broc get up for work (he has to leave at 5:45AM) and woke up. He would not go back to sleep and I was not a happy camper! I am not so much a morning person! Then he said "potty, potty". I thought this was his creative way of getting me up! So I thought what if he really does need to use the potty. I don't want to confuse him, so I reluctantly got up and sat him on his potty. I brought a few stories in for him to read  and he did "pee pees" in the potty! Yay! I set a timer for 20 minutes and then sat him back on the potty and he actually did pee pees again! That was about it for that day! But I was just so excited that he did it twice in one day! I was so proud of him! The rest of the day- nothing. 

I had to give you that background in order to appreciate this! So tonight we were trying to put him to bed. He kept getting out of his big boy bed and would not go to sleep. So I went in to lay by him and he was fine for a while then he said, "milk"- he started the list of excuses, anything to get him out of going to sleep! Then he said, "potty". I asked him if he needed to do "pee pees or poo poos" (sorry for the terms but that is what we call them in our house!)  He said, "poop poos". So the whole time I am thinking, ya right you just want to get out of going to sleep! So again I reluctantly took him to his potty and sat him down, of course he wanted to read a few stories. 


Then I heard him grunting, and.... 

HE DID POOPS IN THE POTTY! What!? I couldn't believe it! What a big boy!  This is him cheering after he did poops in the potty! Yay for Crew! I seriously am in shock but am so proud of him that he actually knew what he needed to do and did it! My baby is growing up so fast! 

So what now? I think he is definitely ready for potty training, but what do you do at church or in a store? He will only sit on his little "big boy potty". And it is pretty hard for boys to sit on a regular potty. So what do I do about those times? Any advice would be appreciated!  
Yay for doing poops in the potty!

6 comments:

Joanna McGuire said...

Yay for Crew!! I don't have any advice of what to do but keep going with it at home and don't give up. I don't mind the terms I have tons of nieces and nephews and they say it all the time and I say it to them too.

Gregg and Jaclyn said...

I'm so excited for you, and Crew of course. It's so wonderful when they start getting out of diapers. Kaycie decided around last Christmas that she was going to start using the potty. The funny think with her was that she would only remember if she wasn't wearing anything, not even panties. So she walked around our house with no bottoms for months. Then finally we got her in panties and then finally pants. I always put her in diapers when we traveled until I was sure she was ready. It was easy to tell when she was ready because she never had a wet diaper at the end of the trip and would always tell me if she needed to go. Every child is different and unique so I hope things keep going well. Sounds like Crew is a fast learner.

Josh and Shalae said...

Go Crew!! That is great that he is ready for that stage in his life. I used pull-ups on trips out of the house and at church for a long time until I knew that I could trust that he wouldn't go in his underpants. When I was training Jaxon we tried not to go anywhere for like 2 weeks. Ofcourse that's not always possible but I tried to keep it consistant as much as I could. I would ask him every 20-30 min. if he needed to go. It was great because he was trained before he was 2. I love only having one child in diapers at a time:) Good job on the consistancy:)

Chelsey said...

Yea Crew! I am reading everyone's advice because I also do not know anything about this. Thanks for all the tips! Life has got to get better when you aren't changing diapers all day!

Janni said...

Gosh! I can't wait until this day comes in our house! Go Crew :)!

Anonymous said...

How cute! Way to go Crew! We need to get our boys together so Crew can teach Quintin all he knows... is potty training contagious? I hope so!