This is Broc preparing to go out in the crazy rain!
Gotta protect the backpack!
{Disclaimer... what you are about to read contains some gross graphic details- Reader's Discretion Advised}
So when it rains a ton (like it did last night and this morning) the water gets shut off. I was scrambling this morning to try to get into the shower before I got the boys breakfast. The boys woke up super early this morning (probably from the loud thunder) and they were starving. But I knew if I didn't hurry up and get in, I wouldn't get to get in! And who knows how long the water will be off. Luckily, I got my shower! The boys finally got their breakfast. Jack did his normal ritual- crawls some place by himself and does his morning BM. But this morning instead of the brown stuff being contained in the diaper, it was all over his legs. We don't have a changing table here and I didn't want to change him on the bed and get poop all over, so I laid him down on the tile- he HATED it! While I am trying to wipe him down- as he is screaming and trying to roll over, I notice he has something brown in his bottom teeth. GROSS!!! I am really hoping that he just found a chocolate chip somewhere. So now we are both up to our necks in poop and I decide to just scrub him down in a tub. I go to turn the water on... nothing comes out. Perfect timing- waters off. Now just picture yourself in my situation. You have a poopy baby in your arms and there is no water. All the while Jack is screaming (I would have been to if I was covered in poop!) Finally a little trickle of water comes out and I stick him in the sink, attempting to scrub him with the few drops that come out. I think it really only made it worse by smearing it around. After using almost a whole thing of wipes I think I finally got him cleaned up.
Now some of you might be completely grossed out and wondering why I would write something like this on my blog. Well, one day when we have running water that doesn't get turned off after it rains, I want to remember these times and be grateful for the little things like running water and an American dryer that make life just a little easier!


3 comments:
Did you know that the Loud Thunder you heard REALLY WAS an EARTHQUAKE!! That's why it shook your house!! It was a 4.4 Earthquake!! Now cross that off your list of things you experienced! Also, the one a few weeks ago with the LOUD THUNDER was an earthquake TOO! Not only are we in Hurricane season here but I guess Earthquake season too?
Good thing you were prepared and at least had plenty of wipes on hand. That is a crazy story and that would be so hard to not have water that often. I hope you guys are always safe there; send the rain our way!!! When we went to St. Thomas it rained and rained....everyday and hard. I am sure that much rain gets annoying. I love to hear your experiences!
you poor thing!! Glad you were finally able to get him close to cleaned up though :) These memories on the blog will be fun to read one day ;)
Post a Comment