8.15.2011

My morning... "Killing the bad guys!"

I went into Jack's room and found this guy hanging out on the wall! Let me start off by sharing my feelings for COCKROACHES ... I guess it can be summed up by saying these three words- 

I. HATE. THEM!!! 

Of course Broc had just barely left to go study. (He takes his LAST final TOMORROW!!- yaHOO!!) I never find these things when he is around- NEVER! It was up close to the ceiling and I wasn't sure how to kill it because I couldn't reach it- even with the fly swatter.  My neighbor had an infestation of cockroaches last week, see her post about it here! They are so sick I can't even handle it!


Crew wanted me to take a picture of him doing his "bug face" with the bug before I killed it (or attempted to kill it). 


So I got out some bug spray- and started spraying. Nothing happened, but at least he didn't run (those suckers are so fast). Finally after about 2 minutes of spraying, the cockroach falls and lands on the floor. I couldn't see where he was. I am cringing right now thinking about it. Knowing it could pop out at any minute and run! Finally, I saw something moving on the table (that is behind Crew in the above picture). So I spray him again and again he falls but this time he landed on his back.


Perfect position for me to take care of that sucker. Then "POW", "WHAM", "SMASH" with a few blows of the fly swatter! I did it! I killed that nasty cockroach!




























In Crew's words, "Mom! You killed the bad guys!" Thank you Crew for making me feel like a super hero! I have to admit I was proud of myself for killing it- all by myself!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why we have boys. Some how they seem to encourage us to be brave!! Way to go Crys! Hopefully your day will start looking up:)

Jill Lau said...

I feel your pain; I have killed quite a few in our house too and massive spiders. It has been awhile since I have seen one though. I don't know if the south is for me!! I love that you just sprayed it to death...so funny. Good job!!

Emily said...

Eww sick! I kept cringing while I was reading that. Way to go!

Norm and Cassi Beatty said...

Ah man Dominica and there bugs! Way to go! Cockroaches are the worst. One night i had to work up the courage for about 30 mins before i could begin swatting away!

Unknown said...

way to go!!! so cute that Crew said you killed the bad guys but when you are going after a roach that is kind of what it feels like ;)

Jeanette Nielson said...

And anybody who knows you, Crys, knows exactly how big of a feat that was for you!! Hee hee. I have to admit that I think I said more ugly words while chasing those bad boys in our homes in Thailand than at any other time in my life. And if you think that I was sweating before chasing them (& spiders) from the heat & humidity, you should have seen me after chasing them. They made me break out in the biggest sweat. I hate them too! Yes, Thailand looked good on me. ; )