8.25.2010

Life with 2 kids- the inevitable

You've heard stories about the things that happen when you have two kids, and in the very back of your mind you know the day is coming, but you really hope it never does. Yesterday morning I was cooking Crew some eggs for breakfast. I had Jack in his bouncer chair and Crew was walking backwards, ran into Jack's bouncer and fell on top of Jack's head/belly! Of course Jack is screaming, I am feeling sick thinking what might be wrong with him, Crew starts crying because he is sad that he just hurt Jack. I immediately pick up Jack to try to comfort him and see if anything looks/feels abnormal and Crew just wants to be held by me. At this point I just want to cry right along with my boys. Luckily Lesli, Broc's mom, was there and she took Crew and calmed him down. Jack finally calmed down and there seemed to be no marks or broken bones, thankfully. I think poor Crew, the sweetest boy in the world, was traumatized thinking that he hurt his brother. Crew told me later that day, "Mom I will be careful not to fall on Jack again, ok!" It really was a total accident, both Lesli and I were in the kitchen watching Crew and Jack and it happened right in front of us. There wasn't anything we could have done to prevent it. I guess it is just the inevitable of having two kids. I am just so thankful that nobody was injured!

4 comments:

One mom said...

I am glad everyone is okay. I can totally see something like that happening here in the near future. Your family is so beautiful. I love the pictures on top of the blog.

Mike & Emily West said...

Oh...poor Crew, what a sweet heart for being so concerned. Oh man...in just a couple weeks I will probably be joining you with whole two kid parenting thing...gulp...

Melissa said...

Congrats on your new little one! I was just looking through your blog and I couldn't believe how big crew is now. Both your boys are adorable! Hope all is well!

Liz said...

Oh geez...yes, it's the first of many! Glad everything was ok. Poor Crew Crew! I bet he was crushed...he's such a sweet boy.