
Crew is officially potty trained! We started the potty training process about a week and a half ago. After our failed attempt at this once before we decided to do a few things differently.
1-Instead of wearing pull-ups if we needed to go somewhere we put him in underpants (diapers went bye bye!) I feel that it was a matter of us trusting him.
2- We rewarded him with marshmallows if he was dry and then when he did pee pees in the potty. We used some ideas from the book "Potty Wise".
3- I had a hard time knowing what to do with a boy because we had a Baby Bjorn potty and Crew was not big enough to stand and pee. So the first time training we took his potty with us if we needed to go somewhere. But what did we do if we were at a store without the potty? This is one of the main things that hindered our 1st attempt at potty training. I thought that if he sat on the potty his pee would go everywhere but I discovered that if you scoot them all the way to the back their pee pees actually do go into the potty! Am I an idiot for not knowing this? Live and learn I guess!
The first day he had quite a few accidents, but we decided that we would just keep going until he was trained. The second day he would pee a little in his underpants and then tell me that he needed to use the potty, so he would stop peeing and wait to finish in the potty. By the third day he had it down. He told us every time he needed to use the potty and didn't have any accidents. We had to run to Wal-Mart so we decided to put him to the test. We took him in underpants and were there about 1 hour. He did great! No accident! I have been so proud of him! I seriously can't believe that he has done so well with it! Even for his naps he never pees in his underpants, so we only put pull-ups on him at night. And most of the time he even keeps those dry!
Though he was doing great with the pee pees, he did not want to do poops in the potty. Which was weird because he would only do poops in the potty when we were trying the first time. We tried the bribe, "When you do poops in the potty... we can go to the toy store". It took a few days but eventually it worked! I am proud to say that he is now doing pee pees and poo poos in the potty! Every now and then we have to ask him but for the most part he tells us when he needs to go! I am so proud of my big boy! Doesn't he look so cute in his big boy underpants?!

11 comments:
way to go Crew!!! I dream of the day when there will be no more diapers ;) and Happy Birthday Broc :: looks like it was a wonderful day!!
Congrats on the potty training. It hasn't gone too well for us yet. I'll have to try some of your tips.
yay!!! it is a whole new world when they are potty trained! nice job crew, and way to stay with it crys!!!
WOW! good job Crew. That is awesome. Matthew shows no interest and is soooo strong willed so we are not pushing it yet. It sure would be nice. We miss you guys. Someday I'm sure we will make it down to Utah to visit.
Yay! It is SO nice to get them out of diapers, good job!
Congratulations!!! I can't believe how big he is... time is seriously flying by!
That is awesome. Thanks for sharing your tips. I am sure one day they will come in handy.
Congrats to no more diapers! Crew is getting so big. I love his smile and his bright beautiful eyes. He is a total stud!!
Goodness, they grow up so fast! He looks like he could be a future model in Crew magazine. You guys are so stylin'!
I also just potty trained my Krew a few weeks ago and am happy to have it over with. You did great sticking with it because it can sometimes be a nightmare. I hope to see you soon one day!
Congratulations!!!!
I'll be calling you about this in about a month!!! Luke is finally in a big boy bed and potty training is next!
Post a Comment