Here we are at my dad's grave. I remember every Memorial Day my dad would take us up in the mountains to pick wild flowers: red paintbrush, bluebells and daisies. Then we would take the flowers to the graves. After he would always take us to Farr's Ice Cream, my favorite part! I remember one time, I chose bubble gum flavor ice cream cone (I can't believe it used to be my favorite ice cream-gross!) and I took one lick and my ice cream fell off of the cone. I remember my brother and sisters laughing and I was crying, of course, but then Dad came to the rescue got me another cone! I seriously treasure those little memories. I wish that Crew could have known the great person his Grandpa Duke was!


Helping Daddy water the flowers!

He decided he could do it on his own!

Giving a goodbye kiss to Grandpa!

Broc and Crew at Grandpa Durrant's grave.

After we visited the Morgan graves, we headed down to Toads to enjoy some go- karts and miniature golf!

Lesli was hilarious, this is her just after passing a few people to get into first place! She is a bit competitive when it comes to things like this... watch out!

Beau was so determined!

Raegan

Grandpa and Crew! Crew was about 2 inches too short for this ride, but they let him on! He loved it! All he could talk about the rest of the day was riding in the green car with Grandpa!

Here is Broc in 1st place!

Not for long!

Riley and Aubree!

Broc, striking a pose for the camera!


This is what he would do after he hit the ball: go and pick it up,

and drop it in the hole!

Then he would do his little victory dance!

Sometimes Crew would even pick up somebody else's ball and help them out by dropping it in the hole for them! What a nice boy!


Crew had a hard time getting the concept of staying at one hole until everybody was done! He got a bit restless, so Grandpa came to the rescue! Crew absolutely loves his Grandpa!


After miniature golf Grandma and Grandpa spoiled Crew some more and treated him to some fun rides!


Broc and me bustin' our moves on the DDR!

Then we headed to Applebee's for dinner!

Grandpa and Raeg giving the peace sign. Crew evidently thought the "I love you" sign was better!

After dinner we visited Grandma and Grandpa Jones' graves. We wanted to get a picture of both of us so we set the camera on the car and took this pic with a timer. Not too bad... only took 3 shots!

Then we went to my Grandpa Monson's grave. Again we were trying to take a picture of us and the grave. I love Broc's tiger face in this pic, I just had to post it. When we saw it we started laughing so hard we were crying.

Thank goodness for digital cameras!


2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a good memorial day!
Crew really is getting so big. I love his curly hair. It's fun to see your blog and stay up-to-date with what you guys are up to. We're missing Utah, but getting use to GA a little more every day.
Post a Comment