3.03.2009

Belated Valentines

Well to start off the Valentine's holiday, I threw a surprise Valentines party for Broc on Feb. 6. We got a group of about 24 people together to enjoy food (soup bowls and Coney's Frozen Custard) and some amazing music!



This was the amazing music, surprise #1... KALAI! Can you believe we threw a party and Kalai came! His music is amazing. Broc and I are huge fans. I had randomly ran into him and thought it would be awesome to surprise Broc with a fun night of incredible music.

This guy is incredible! His music is amazing, but I have to say that his songs are much better in person! He is so talented on the guitar and his voice is so unique. I just love it! If you haven't heard any of his songs you really should check them out. You can go to his website: kalai.cc or you can check him out on itunes or youtube. My favs are "On my Mind" and "Divide Me". But you just fall in love with every song that he plays!


Surprise #2... I had talked to Kalai before the party and asked if he would let Broc come up and play with him. I had brought Broc's guitar without him knowing. When Kalai asked him to come up and play I thought Broc wanted to kill me. I guess it was a bittersweet feeling- he totally loved it but was super intimidated because he thought Kalai was one of the greatest guitar players he had ever heard. It all turned out good and Broc had a great time playing! What an amazing experience.

Give a listen! Here is a little bit of their music! (Scroll down and press pause on Playlist first)!



I just love this pic!

Us with Kalai! I still can't believe we threw a concert. So not me. Thanks so much Becky and Meradith for all of your help with the party! It turned out great!



One week later... February 14! Happy Valentines Day! We decided to make pancakes for each other. These were the ones I made for Broc...

Broc made for me...

and we made for Crew! I thought they turned out pretty cute!

Coconut cupcakes! A new recipe that I tried and am totally in love with! Made a great Valentines treat! I also made Red Velvet Cupcakes as well but didn't get any pics.

Be Mine Valentine!

Mr. Grumpy pants didn't want me to take a picture of him with his Valentines...

Can you tell?
Hope you all had a great Valentines!

4 comments:

One mom said...

What a fun surprise! I can't believe that you were able to have your own private concert. What a fun memory.

Unknown said...

Wow, what an impressive Valentine's Day. I'm sure it will be a very memorable one. Good Job

Unknown said...

you are such an amazing wife!!! You put me to shame ;) That is such an fun idea!!! Can you give me the recipe for the coconut cupcakes...they sound delicious!!

Chelsey said...

That is such a cool surprise. Andrew and I are jealous. One of our first dates was a Kalai concert. He came to BYU. We are big fans. I think it's awesome that Broc played with him. You do so many fun things, Crystal. BY the way, I'd love the coconut cupcake recipe. I have just discovered my love for coconut. I discovered it trying the coconut gelato at Tai pan. You should try it!