My Uncle Lynn passed away last week of a heart attack. He was such a special person and will be missed very much. He had sent me a card 2 weeks before he died, he was always so thoughtful, never forgot a holiday, and always let you know that he loved you and was thinking about you. He lived alone in California, and I remember feeling that I needed to send him a card but then I thought, I will just wait and send him an Easter package, it was only one month away. I should have sent him a card when I felt that I needed to, instead of waiting. It was a testimony to me to always follow the inspirations that you feel. I hope he knew how much he was loved. He truly was such an incredible person.
This is a picture of my Uncle Lynn and me when I was about 3 yrs old.

He loved the fall leaves and would always try to come out every year when the leaves had changed. This picture was taken the last time he came to Utah.

Here is the video I made of his life to show at his viewing.

Here is the video I made of his life to show at his viewing.
The funeral services were held on Saturday, March 14. It was a beautiful day and everything was so special. Two of my sisters couldn't be there so I took lots of pics for them.



Uncle Lynn had told one of his good friends that when he died, he wanted Uncle Harold to speak at his funeral. The things he said were amazing as he spoke of the plan of salvation. The spirit was so strong. I can't imagine having to go through this without the knowledge of the gospel!


You can't help but love Uncle Harold. He always had a way of getting a few smiles and laughs out of us, even on this sad day.

Then Jen sang, "Whole Again". I don't think there was a dry eye there. The song went perfectly with Uncle Harolds remarks. It was so touching. (She got a cold and had lost her voice a couple of days before the funeral. Broc had given her a blessing and she was able to sing beautifully. She lost her voice again the next day.)


Beautiful Karrisyn.

It was really sweet, after the grave was dedicated Crew pointed to the sky and was saying "rainbow".




Grandma Monson, Mom, Aunt Bonnie and those who were able to come from Grandpa's family. It was so special for my Grandma to have so many family members there. It really meant so much to her.

After the graveside service, we headed to the church for lunch. Crew decided to do some break dancing in the parking lot before we ate! This kid has got some killer moves!


Let's just say Crew had suffered a very long day. It was about 4pm when we got to the church and he hadn't eaten lunch or napped. He was a really good boy. So you can guess what the first thing he wanted to do was... run! Crew, Tryker, and Karrisyn had made up a game that they would line up on the back wall, count to three, then run around screaming. It was so funny to watch.





2 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss but it sounded like it was a beautiful service.
Crys... Thank you for documenting the funeral day. You think of everything. Loved the candid pics of the little kids running and playing. Those will be treasures in a few years when they are all grown up!! Once again, you get the blue ribbon!! Good Job!!
Post a Comment