
Crew turned TWO on February 1! I seriously can't believe my baby is that old. He has grown up so much over the last year. He loves to sing all day long. Some of his favorites are ABC's, Old MacGogold (that is how Crew says it), Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle, I am a Child of God, Families are Forever, Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam. The other day I heard him singing, "I like to move it, move it, I like to move it, move it..." He just kept repeating that over and over. I don't know where he got that from, but it was super funny. He loves to pretend to talk on the phone, and he really does know how to call Daddy and whoever else he can get by pressing all of the buttons on my phone. I love when he says, "play basketball", then you say "do you want to play basketball" and he replies, "okay". He does that with everything that he wants, and then when you ask him its like it was your idea! It is so funny. He is such a funny kid, he loves to call me "mommy pastrami" and "mommy apple"- it was cute one day Broc said "mommy pastrami" and Crew replied, "mommy apple". He loves to play basketball or ball of any kind really. I think he asks to play basketball probably 50 times a day. He says funny little words like Rhinoceros and it is sooo cute! He is always saying a funny new little phrase that surprises us. He loves to have his arms, toes, back and tummy tickled. He loves Elmo. He loves to help me cook. He could probably make scrambled eggies himself! He is always pulling out the pots and pans and getting out a spoon to stir them with. Then he asks for "shakies" aka: salt and pepper. He can count to about 17. His numbers get a little mixed after 13 but somehow he still gets to 17. He knows his colors and can pick out a few letters and numbers, his favorite is 'W'. He always has to point it out anytime he sees one. It is incredible the knowledge that he has and things that he remembers. He is such a sweet boy. He will randomly say to me, "I love you too mommy", even if I haven't said anything to initiate it?! Doesn't that just melt your heart?
I can't believe how big he is. The last two years have gone by so fast. I love that he is in our family. He has filled our home with so much joy and laughter. I love the stage he is in right now and wish that I could just press pause. Seriously I can't believe it has been 2 years ago that he came into this world.
We have made it a tradition to make a video of pics/video of Crew (since I am not a scrapbooker:). With all of the events the last few weeks I only had time to put pics on this one. Enjoy watching a recap of Crew's 2nd year! It is kind of small so I don't think it is as clear as it normally would be. (Scroll down to the bottom and press pause on the playlist first!)
We had a party with family on his birthday. We had pizza and salad for dinner, yep went easy on that because I knew the cake and airplane cookies would be a lot of work. Here are some pics from the big day!
Yes I made this... or at least attempted, it didn't quite turn out as planned. There was a time during the making process when I wasn't sure if it was going to turn out at all but luckily it all came together. If any of you know any good tricks to MMF (marshmallow fondant) let me in on your secret. The bottom was chocolate cake with a chocolate ganache and chocolate buttercream filling, the top was banana cake with cream cheese frosting.



But since it was a Sunday he got a 45 minute cat nap during sacrament meeting, that was it. Needless to say Mr. Grumpy pants got the best of him before the party was over.


He got a kitchen from mom, dad and grandma Lesli and grandpa Ernie and all of the accessories from Grammy Eileen and Grandpa Lynn! He loved it. The phone was the first thing he went to. Since both Broc and I had pulled an all nighter, the cupboard doors didn't get put on the kitchen. (Thanks Grandpa Ernie and Grandpa Lynn for your help!) It looks much cuter with them on.












12 comments:
you amaze me!!! Crew is so cute...I wish we could see him grow up in person :) Sounds like he is enjoying watching madagascar?? (move it, move it)
Happy Birthday Crew! He is such ha handsome boy. Your birthday cakes are awesome.
Happy Birthday little Crew! You are still such a little boy even though you are so grown up. We love you so so much!!
Crys you did such a great job with the party preparations! I wish that we could have been there. Your cake turned out gorgeous. Who knew that you were the cake decorating guru. Good job! I totally don't have the patience.
I love the kitchen. Wherever did you get it? Is it metal? How cute! My kids have loved their kitchen.
Glad you had a fun day! We miss you!
Happy birthday Crew! Wish you were closer. I think you and Ashton would have a fun time.
Happy Birthday Crew!! What a cuties!! The cake....amazing. It turned out fabulous!! YUMMY YUMMY!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CREW! What a cute boy, seriously, when I read about how he calls you mommy pastrami I can't imagine anything cuter! By the way, the cake you made looked FANTASTIC! You are so talented!
Crystal, Crew's cake looks amazing. Good job. You guys have such a cute little family.
okay crystal, you did an amazing job. I need to come and get lesson on hosting a party. I love your cake, seriously why are you doing radiology:) Your little guy is a doll, and such a big boy. We still need to get together when it warms up. Ethan still talks about baby crew. Hope everything is going well!
You are sooo amazing. Seriously, you might get an award as mother of the year. That cake was absolutely darling. I wanna taste the banana cake!!!! Thanks so much for the cupcakes last night...they were so stinking good, we all fought over the last ones. Sorry I missed you. Tell Krew Happy Birthday...we love him!
so much fun!!! the cake is amazing!
O my he is getting so big and so handsom. I love you all and your super cute little family:)
that looks like one hip b-day party. i'm totally inspired!!!!
Post a Comment