Our church has a special Young Women's Program that teaches the girls values and goal setting. You might remember me mentioning that I am over the girls here. There are 10 young women here in Dominica, three girls in Portsmouth and seven girls in Roseau. Every Wednesday, we do an activity with the girls in Portsmouth, and ever other Saturday I, jump on the free shuttle and head down there to do an activity with the girls in Roseau. The week before Mother's Day, I taught the girls how to make a brown sugar scrub for their mothers. I posted the recipe for the brown sugar scrub
here. They loved it! I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to leave these girls! I just love them!
Here are the young women of Portsmouth. Top left photo- from left to right: Jemulyn, Krystal, and Patricka we were missing Jemulla!
The young women in Roseau (an hour drive from Portsmouth)! There are actually of girls that didn't come to this activity. But it was still fun nonetheless. From left to right: Vanessa and Faith, we were missing Anisha, Terriann, Kimberly, Esha and Cassie. You can see Kathy George, Vanessa's mom and YW teacher in Roseau, as well as Sister Rea who is holding mad little Jack. She has been so great to help with the boys during my activities.
So much fun to make! And I'm sure their mother's loved getting pampered!
No comments:
Post a Comment