6.05.2012

Crew & Prayer

Tonight, was Crew's turn to teach family home evening. (In our church, Monday evenings are set aside as family night or better known as "family home evening"- where you have a little spiritual lesson, fun activity and usually a treat!) Crew has just started to give some lessons on his own, and tonight he was excited to plan his lesson. He has loved the Old Testament picture stoy book that Grandma Durrant sent and seriously hasn't put it down. Since he is able to read, he can read the stories to himself.

I walked into the bedroom (our all sharing room where all four of us camp every night) to find him on his knees with his picture scripture book in his hands. Here is our conversation.

M: "What are you doing?"
C:  "I was praying to Heavenly Father."
M:   a little shocked, asked "what were you praying about?"
C:  "for help with the lesson"

Obviously our conversation continued on. But it was just such a sweet moment to go and find my 5 year old, in his room by himself, on his knees, praying for help with his lesson. I hadn't told him to do that. There are so many times when we are reading scriptures or having family home evening and Crew and Jack are playing WWF smackdown and I wonder if they are getting anything out of it. Then, experiencing a moment like where it seems like he totally gets it, is simply the best feeling. Knowing that your son, knows that if he needs help he will go to the Lord in prayer is one of the greatest blessings any parent can experience. I am just amazed that at his young age, he talks like he knows Heavenly Father and Jesus. I never want to forget this sweet moment. I don't know what we would do without Crew. He teaches me so much. I can't imagine life without him.

No comments: