6.19.2012

All I wanted was a donut!

We all know it's a bad idea to go grocery shopping when you are starving. Let alone, craving something in particular in a place where they really don't exist. That was last night. Broc and I had gone to the store to grab some things. I have been craving a good doughnut for I don't know how long. (And no I am not pregnant!) Well, while at the store I came across a thing of glazed donut holes. It was singing my name. Except for the fact that it was a whopping $15ec or $6 US. Normally we never get things like this. The combination of knowing we had real milk in our fridge to enjoy them with and we were starving...we justified the splurge. We got home and ate dinner. I was waiting for the perfect moment to devour them with a cold glass of milk.

I pulled them out and set them on the table. Grabbed a nice cold glass of real milk. I could hardly wait to get my hands on one. I went to open up the lid only to find this.

Sick ants swarming on every donut in the container. 

These pictures really don't do justice to how many freaking ants were in this. 
Just check out the right side of this picture. Eeww seriously so gross. 

I did check every donut, hoping that maybe there was one, just one, without those nasties all over it. No luck, and no donuts for me. In a matter of seconds they had overtaken them, just like that. Now just imagine that you are ready to sink your teeth into something you have had your heart set on for months, only to find ants swarming it. I have never wanted a donut more than I did last night. I hate ants! I have joked and said, "they are taking over my house". This isn't the first time we have had to throw something out because of ants, but this time, they went too far. So much for splurging a whopping $15ec to feed the ants!

No comments: