Let me start this out by saying, I have never loved character clothing. The movies and shows are always great to watch, but I have never really been a fan of the clothing and shoes that have the characters plastered all over. There is really nothing wrong with it, just a wierd quirk that I have.
My mom gave Crew and Jack shoes for Christmas! While we were in the states, she gave them their presents early. My mom had ordered Crew a cute pair of Teva shoes. When he went to put them on, he cried. We only got one shoe on him before he insisted that they hurt his feet. Poor kid got the awful high in-step gene from me ... and his Grandpa Duke. So finding shoes is always a joy.
We didn't have time to trade the shoes before I left so we just had to leave with what we had, meaning no new shoes for Crew. Shortly after we got back in Dominica, my neighbor said he was going to the states and asked if there was anything that we needed. He said he could pick it up as long as it was at Target. So I looked online and found something that would accomodate his feet. I came across these babies...
I couldn't resist. Crew is obsessed with Cars right now and he has been begging me for shoes that light up! I knew that they would win his little heart over, even though I really didn't love them! Sure enough I was right! He LOVES these shoes! (Crazy that he prefers to wear socks and these shoes over his flip-flops and Crocs in our swealtering weather.) The next day we were walking to school and he said, "Mom, these shoes make me run and walk faster!" Wow! I should have invested in these babies a long time ago. I'm sure we could have saved a lot of tears, since we walk everywhere. (And he really does walk faster when he is wearing them!) He has wanted to wear them everyday since he got them! In all honesty, this is not the first character items that he has, he also has a few shirts that we got him before we came to Dominica! He loves them and they make him happy, so I guess I will probably bite my tongue for the next little bit and let him enjoy some Lighting McQueen goodness!
Just look at how happy he is in his new kicks!
Now onto these two boys! They are so funny to watch. They love to run and kick the soccer ball around on our front porch. Crew loves to practice his throwing and catching skills at the top of the stairwell... he also loves jumping off from the hightest step. Jack thinks he is as big as Crew and gets upset when I don't let him scale the TILE stairs.
That's ok, Jack has discovered a few new tricks of his own!... "Look Mom, no hands!"
It is always a treat when Crew gets to go play basket ball! He loves all sports but loves going to the court and playing basketball with Daddy! The other day, Broc and Paul had been playing some basketball, so we met them up there and Crew had a riot!
Jack did too!
Crew had the kids hoop up as high as it could go, and I was surprised at how many times he made it in! He had some really good shots!
Jack wanted a turn too! He is obsessed with balls. Especially the ones that Crew has. Or maybe he just knows the difference between a real basketball and a soccerball? He wasn't too happy he got stuck with the soccer ball.
Jack practices a lot at home. He throws anything and everything in our laundry hampers.
Notice his outfit! He picked it out himself. Since it was Saturday Free Day, he got to choose! And anything goes, even if it doesn't match. I don't know why I have such a hard time with things like this.
After the boys finished playing they jumped in the ocean to cool off ... clothes and all!
I know that I say, "I need a girl". I am out numbered. I love girly things and pretty bows and dresses. But I am completely loving watching my boys be boys! I love that they each have a buddy play boy things with. They melt my heart like I never thought possible. I just love them in all of their silly boyishness!

















1 comment:
does life get any better than shoes that light up ;)
Post a Comment