4.12.2010

I love Mondays!

Family home evenings in our house have it's challenges. Trying to keep wiggly hands and feet still and making sure the lesson is one that is able to keep a 3 year old entertained and at times I wonder if Crew is getting anything we are saying. Yet, it is a time when we (me and Broc) are able to share our testimonies with Crew. It really hasn't been something that has been planned but the lesson is usually summed with mine and Broc's testimony of whatever our lesson is about. It has been the sweetest thing to be able to share my testimony along with Broc, to Crew during our family home evenings. Recently, Crew has wanted to share his testimony almost anytime we do family home evenings and even at random times of the day. And although I don't feel that he fully comprehends it, hearing his sweet simple words are enough to melt my heart and recognize the sweet and simple principles of this gospel!

This was his testimony he shared at FHE a couple of weeks ago:

"My testimony is of the prophets and I know I love Mommy and Daddy and the family. I love Jesus and Heavenly Father. In the name of Jesus Christ amen."


On Sunday as we were driving to church, I told Crew that it was fast Sunday and we would get to hear people share their testimonies. As soon as we got into Sacrament meeting and sat down Crew said, "I want to bear my testimony!" We had a little while before people were going to start sharing their testimonies and I figured Crew would probably get distracted and forget. So people started sharing their testimonies and Crew said to us again loudly, "I want to bear my testimony!" I don't know if it seemed even more exciting that people got to talk into a microphone (which he is obsessed with) or if he really did want to bear his testimony? Either way at this point Broc and I are looking at each wondering really what we should do, and who was going to take him up! After a few paper, rock, scissors... we finally decided that Broc would take him and then Crew said he wanted me to go with him. I told Crew we had to wait until after the person speaking was done and we would go up. He was in the isle pulling on my hand wanting us to go up right then. Of course we were in the second to last row, but we made our way up to the pulpit and I was terrified. Not because I knew I would end up sharing my testimony, but because I was taking a 3 year old up to a microphone to say whatever he felt his testimony was. I knew I wasn't going to tell him what to say because it was his testimony and I wanted him to say what he felt. Let's again remember though, we are talking about a 3 year old.

We got up to the pulpit, pulled out the step stool, he stood up there and he then pointed and told me he wanted me to go and sit down with everybody else! I wasn't going for that, just incase some intervention was needed! I sat in a chair right behind him. He stood their and made a few growling sounds in the microphone and I'm sure there were many people wondering what I was doing. I didn't feel that I should whisper to him words that weren't his. After a few seconds of growling and no words I had him sit in the seat behind and I shared my testimony.

Of course it was a very terrifying experience for me but not one that I would ever apologize to anyone for. I was so proud of him for wanting to share his testimony, and I didn't feel that I could deny him of that desire he had. He was so excited to get up their and do something most adults only wish they could do with that ease! After church, Broc and I ask him in the car what happened when he got up there and he said he was "scared of the people". Poor thing. Aside from the lack of words that were spoken, his sweet testimony was an example to me of how we all should be that excited to share our testimonies.

Tonight after FHE he was excited to bear his testimony. This is what he said:

"My testimony is of the Okhur Mountain Temple. It's true I want to get married there. In the name of Jesus Christ amen!" Broc and I tried to hold in our laughs, but had a hard time because it was just so dang cute! I love it! His testimony has never been the same. I love hearing his words and seeing the excitement he has when he talks about these things!

The other night we were reading scriptures and I wasn't sure who we were reading about, so I asked, "who are we reading about?" Crew instantly replied, "Jesus!" In a round about way we were. Yep ultimately the scriptures are about Jesus! I sometimes wonder if some of the things we do, like reading scriptures or having family home evenings are really worth it when it seems as though our efforts are a complete waste of time and energy. But it is times like these few examples, that Crew has shown me that they are. I love the power that scripture study and family home evenings have brought into our home!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

you all are such a cute family!! I love Crew's testimony!!!

natalie said...

that made me cry. There is nothing more perfect and sweet than the love these little ones have for their Savior. It's amazing. Thanks for sharing!

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

CREW HAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL PURENESS ABOUT HIM. HMMM, HE MUST HAVE PHENOMENAL PARENTS... YUP, THAT'S IT!

Nicole said...

i love the new layout of the blog!

Liz said...

That is so cute. Easton isn't asking to bear his testimony, but no one else in this house is allowed to say a prayer:)
I think it's amazing that he even got as far as he did, getting to the pulpit. Further than most adults.
Way to go Crew Crew! And yes, he does have amazing parents that are teaching him so well!

Chelsey said...

So sweet!