2.09.2010

Happy 30th Anniversary Ernie and Lesli!

January 9, we had a surprise anniversary party for Broc's parents, since it was their 30th! They were going to Mexico on the 11, and we knew they were bummed because they wouldn't be there on their real anniversary. Their anniversary was actually on January 10 but it didn't work out to do it that day, oh well. I think everything turned out great... thanks to everyone's help! We missed you Josh, Liz, Brock and Riley!

This is them coming out to see the surprise dinner!






On the Menu: Appetizer: ham roll ups with cream cheese and onion. Main Course: pork roast with raspberry sauce, red cheesy mashed potatoes, lemon garlic green beans with almonds, and homemade rolls.












Present time! Of course Crew was there to help!


We made them a movie of the last 30 years!


The cake! I was really excited to make this one!


The bottom layer was a German chocolate cake with the coconut filling (Lesli's favorite). And the top was Ernie's favorite: Cherry Chip cake with a cherry frosting!





Trying to reenact the picture of them kissing in front of their wedding cake 30 years ago!











Cutting the cake!





We gave copies of the movie we made to everyone who came! Um- Josh and Liz, we will put yours in the mail... soon, I promise!
Happy Anniversary Ernie and Lesli! I am so grateful to be a part of your family! Thank you for always doing so much for all of us! I don't think I can thank you enough for your example and testimony! It has affected my life directly because of the way you have raised your kids, especially your son! Broc is such an amazing husband and father, with an incredible testimony and I know it is because of your examples and teaching! Thank you so much for your unfailing love and support! We hope you had a great anniversary!

4 comments:

Liz said...

That cake was beautiful as usual. I loved the menu, it sounded so yummy. I really miss those coconut cupcakes of yours...I need to come visit!
As I scrolled down and read all of your latest posts, I just kept thinking what a cute family you guys have. So much love and support. And you do so many funny things. The videos, and parties, the grinch, and the nativity. I love it! So fun.

Unknown said...

you really are just a dream daughter in law :) The cake was beautiful and what a cute idea about the video!!! They look like such a cute couple and it was so nice you all got to celebrate :)

Josh and Liz said...

Man, everything looked great. Sounded good too! Wish we could've been there too. Hope everything is going well.

Nicole said...

i love your cakes!!!! if you were close you could do the twins first b-day.