So I have to put this out there before anything else, I completely copied this party idea from hwtm.blogspot.com. I love the blog and saw this cute idea for a gender reveal party way before I was pregnant. I couldn't wait to do it! We actually found out the gender January 27, 2010 but didn't have the party until February 19. As you can see from the last few posts, it has been a little crazy with parties galore for anniversaries and Crew's birthday. I didn't want to take away from his special day so we decided to wait a couple of weeks to fill everybody in on the secret! And believe me, it was a hard secret to keep!~the food~
chicken spread sandwiches, fruit and dip, lemonade, bags of popcorn and buttermilk cookies
As you can see the color theme was orange and yellow! We decided to incorporate it as much as we could.

On the invitations, we instructed everybody to "play along" and wear a pink shirt if they thought we were having a girl, or a blue shirt if they thought it was a boy. Here are the teams! Broc and Crew didn't have pink shirts. I couldn't find anything anywhere for them so we had to improvise and they wore a pink ribbon on their wrists instead! Crew had said he wanted a baby sister about 90% of the time, but every once in a while would say brother!
We had a lot of family that couldn't make it. So here are those who were wearing pink but not in the picture: Jen, Cristee, Mikayla, Milayni, Aubree, Devin, Rhees, Ambrian and Kalen.
Not in the picture but wearing blue: Clint (he is always right!), Jill, Cody, Jeanette, Aybrielle and Kalen.We placed a surprise in each cupcake (orange yogurt cupcakes with an orange cream frosting). They would either find a pink or blue center! One, two, three... BITE!

Becky was more surprised than anyone! It was hilarious, she somehow found out that we knew early and for some reason really thought we were having a girl from something I said. She had told me congrats on having a girl- two different times! So surprised!

Proof!

This little stinker didn't want to bite into the cupcake! He just wanted to lick all the frosting off!


My mom is so sweet! She brought two presents, one wrapped in pink and one wrapped in blue! We got to open the blue one! Here is Crew holding up that cute little outfit! I can't wait to put him in it!


Can you guess which one Broc's dad was hoping for? Blue hair, blue eye shadow, blue finger nails, and he even had blue lips but it came off before I got a picture! One proud Grandpa!


We were so excited that Brock, Chels, and Kaelyn could come! They made the trek all the way from Idaho! (Love your new do Chels!)

My sister and her kids got there a little late. I didn't think they were going to be able to come, but we were so excited they came! Here they are finding out!

Becky and me showing off our pregnant bellies! This is me at 20 weeks!
(I wore yellow because I was completely mixed the entire time! I didn't get any feelings either way... what is this motherly intuition everybody talks about?)
Becky's sad face- because her belly is bigger. Well Beck, I'm pretty sure the tables will turn when you are having your baby in April and I am three times your size and still have another 3 months to go!

We are so excited to be having another boy! Secretly, I was hoping for another boy. Pretty much for vanity reasons- because Crew and the baby would be sharing a room and I knew that decorating would be much easier if the baby was a boy! But we all know that I would have gone crazy if it were a girl! So many cute ideas that will have to wait!:) All of that set aside, we really can't wait to meet this little boy! I have begun to feel him moving around inside of me and oh it is the best feeling in the world! I can't wait to see what he looks like, what color hair he will have, what his little personality will be like... I am so grateful to have the opportunity to be a mother. Thanks so much everybody who came to help us celebrate! And any name suggestions would be appreciated!






21 comments:
I am pretty sure you could not be any cuter!!! Love everything about this party!! What a great idea :) You are so amazing to follow through with it all!!
ps can I just I love Broc's dad!!!
That is soooo fun!!! Congrats!! I didn't even know that you were pregnant, but i have been out of it this last few months!! As for name ideas... of course i am bias to Easton Davis and Dylan Scott.... any of those names are great by themselves!! Love and miss you!! :0)
Darling Darling Party!! I love that blog. Makes me wat to party!! Congrats on the boy. It certainly does help with the nursery decorating.
Congrats on the boy! What a fun idea for a reveal. I think I might have to copy that idea as well for our next kid.
Darling post! I'm so glad that you had a good time. I'm sorry that we couldn't be there. Everything looks great & professional, as usual with everything you do. You are so talented & motivated! We are so so excited for a new little boy cousin!! You will love having 2 little boys in a row. Love you!
P.S. Kambren guessed pink, not Kalen.
Cute idea! Boys are funnnn!!!! That is great Crys.
wow, you are so awesome!!!! seriously, that is the best idea and cutest part ever...and you are freakin' adorable. you look so great!!!! Congrats on another little man! I love, love, love having 2 boys!
What a cute party! SERIOUSLY, everything you do ALWAYS looks (and IS) so fantastic! Congrats on another little boy. I bet Crew will be such a great big brother and they will have so much fun!
super cute!!! congrats on your little guy!! As of boys names; I always have loved the names Sawyer, Gabe,and Noah. Just some ideas. Good luck and hope you are feeling well.
ps you look great!!
i love you crystal! You amaze me. I had butterflies (the good kind) as I was reading and awaiting the reveal! Congrats on another boy! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU ALL!
Riley still thinks Scoop is good! maybe Scoop Riley Durrant...doesn't go together but he likes it hahaha Sorry we missed the party!
You are so awesome. I am so excited for you. I think seeing you pregnant always makes me want to join the party. I will have to come visit next time I am in town.
i'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!! i LOVE the party idea. i've got to use that on my blog sometime. you did a beautiful job!
Hi Crystal. You are just amazing! I love the party you put on! That was perfect! Congrats!! Im so excited for you guys.
That is a really cute idea. You really throw a good party. I also love Broc's dad's getup. What a funny guy.
That is the cutest way to tell the family!! I wish I was 1/4 creative as you. Congrats on another cute little boy!! How fun!!!
Such a cute idea! You are such an awesome party planner! Congrats on another little boy!!
That is so exciting. Congrats! The party looked amazing. I want the recipe for those cupcakes...sounds fantastic! whoop whoop
Congrats! I love the party idea- that is so much fun to celebrate this exciting time! I may have to steal your idea when we have another baby:) You throw such cute parties!
I didn't even know you were PG. Congrats!! We need to catch up.I would love to get together.
Post a Comment