On Christmas Eve, my sister Suz and I ran first thing in the morning to get some last minute things and stop by to visit Grandma and Aunt Janet. I hate doing last minute shopping, but sometimes you just don't have a choice! It was so much fun to be with my sis. We stopped by my Grandma Monson's and let the kiddos wish her a Merry Christmas. Then we went to my Aunt Janet's, my Dad's sister. It was so good to see her. It has been years since I have seen her. Crew got to meet her for the first time! It was almost overwhelming emotionally, because I felt that I got to see a piece of my dad, while talking with her. I saw so much of him in her. She is an incredible lady. She is 88 years old and had a 5 course meal in preparation. Rolls sitting out to raise, clam chowder on the stove, a ham in the oven, and had made homemade gingerbread cookies that she sent home with the kids (she didn't know we were coming!) She has a hard time getting around, but somehow she still manages to make a full course Christmas dinner on her own! She was even telling us how she has been transferring some videos to dvds. Really? She is 88 years old! It was so great to see her on Christmas Eve! I loved being able to spend time with her!
Suz, Aunt Janet, and me
The famous homemade gingerbread cookies!
As we pulled into my mom's house, we saw Santa and the Grinch! Poor little kiddos had fallen asleep so they didn't get to see Santa and the Grinch! Crew would have loved it!


We did went to the traditional Christmas Eve dinner at Aunt Debbie's. Really, I didn't get one picture there. (Or at any of the Christmas parties! Must be my pregnant brain!) There is always such amazing food and lots and lots of laughter! Oh Grandma Nance's fried shrimp is divine!
Then we headed back to the Durrant's and opened up Christmas Eve jammies and our Secret Santa gifts.
Then we busted out the surprise song and dance for Broc's fam! These pictures capture our live performance! (If you didn't see the video, scroll down a few posts!)

Then we put food out for the Reindeer! It had sparkles in it so Santa would be able to find us in Morgan!
















2 comments:
looks like such a fun couple of days!!! You are such a cute little family :) I love Broc's ukulele :: you will have to post some videos of him playing! You look so adorable in that yellow top :)
Nice blog. Glad to see that you had a great Christmas. Like the Chemistry between the couple. How cool :) It was nice going through your blog. Happy Living :) Ihampers.co.uk
Post a Comment