4.15.2009

Our Crazy Easter Weekend!

*We had a very busy Easter weekend to say the least! Super long post ahead!

My nephew got baptized on Saturday afternoon. The spirit was so strong. We are so proud of you Chrysler and glad that we could come share this special day with you!

My sister's cute family!

All of us!






Then after the baptism, we colored eggs with Broc's family!

Crew loved it! He really loved throwing them back into the bowl with all of the other eggs. I think the majority of the eggs we colored were cracked- sorry guys:)
I wondered what Crew was thinking when we told him to color on the eggies.

He got the hang of it pretty quick!
This was the first year he has really been able to do this! It was so fun to watch him!

The finished product!
After we colored eggs we read the Easter story. We had been showing Crew the pictures from the Gospel Art kit that week. Crew came up with some pretty cute things that I have to write down, I know if I don't I won't remember them. When we showed him the picture of Jesus on the cross, he would say, "Jesus dieded". He called the tomb a "comb"- he can say tomb but he kept calling it a comb! Then when we showed him the picture of the Savior showing the nail prints in his hands and feet, he said, "Jesus has owies. Get a bandaid for Jesus, Mom". Doesn't that just melt your heart?! I just love this age that he is at! He is such a sweet boy!


EASTER MORNING!
Crew was so excited to find his, "bag" that is what he calls his basket! (don't mind the scary bed head pics of me!)

The Easter Bunny hides our baskets. Crew was right next to it and wouldn't look over! He really wanted the blinds opened! Silly boy!

Finally found it!



This kid loves bubbles. He got a bubble gun in his basket that blows a million bubbles!

It was a big hit! He wouldn't put it down.


More baskets from Grandma and Grandpa!

Sneaking some treats!

Giving loves to Grandma Lesli!



Crew and Uncle Beau playing Gladiators!

Found my basket on a chair in the kitchen!

More scary shaggy pics!

The Easter Bunny hid Broc's under the stairs!



Crew LOVES Grandpas Jeep! He always wants to drive it! "I wanna drive Grandpa's jeep".

Hunting for eggs!

The eggs that weren't cracked while we colored them, for sure got cracked when Crew put or threw them into the basket!



What a little stud!






He lost interest in finding eggs and wanted to jump on the tramp! Yep, don't worry his white pants had a few black spots before we even got to church!


We didn't have time to get a family pic before church so we attempted after church. Poor Crew fell asleep on the way home from church! We should have put him down but I really wanted to get a family pic in our church clothes.

He ended up waking up. Sorry buddy!


I don't know why but we couldn't get a decent family picture for anything. Let's just say he wasn't so much a happy camper when he woke up!



Raegan trying out her new pogo stick!

I love Aubree's face!

Broc tried to show everybody up with his tricks!
They actually were pretty impressive!

Crew loved the rocket bubble game that Grandma and Grandpa got him!


Crew handing out the Easter baskets and giving hugs all around!

Kisses for Grandma Durrant


The bike-ride with Grandpa! Crew can't get enough of his Grandpa! He absolutely loves riding the bike with Grandpa! As you can see he had to bring the bubbles! Between riding the bike and driving the jeep tears have been shed not understanding why we can't do that ALL-DAY. Crew seriously asks to go ride the bike and drive Grandpa's jeep at least once a day!
Broc and I walked to my family's house and Crew got to ride the bike over.



Chrysler and Broc on the trampoline. I can't believe we had no injuries!

Caishalynne doing some crazy tricks!

She really is such a good tumbler! These pics don't do justice of her flips/double fulls!

More bubbles!


What's wrong with this picture? He thought it was pretty funny to shoot bubbles on little Aubryn. Poor girl! Boys will be boys!

My sweet new niece MiRinley Anne! Isn't she a doll! Look at all that hair and those big bright eyes!

My mom and MiRinley!

Crew giving goodbye kisses to MiRinley! How sweet is that!
Hope you all had a great Easter weekend!

5 comments:

Bell Family said...

Looks like fun! Too funny that Crew, Ashton and Weston had the same vest. Come visit us in San Diego. The boys would have so much fun!

cari said...

What a fun Easter. You got some great shots. Crew looked so cute in his Easter outfit.

Unknown said...

oh my gosh!!! I don't think that Crew's easter outfits could be any cuter!!! He is such a stud!!! you all look great!!!!

natalie said...

How fun! I am so jealous that you live by both side of the family. They adore Crew, you can tell. Glad you had a great Easter. I hope you don't mind, but I am using the same blog background. I hated all the ones I have tried in the last 3 months and I loved this one. I hope you don't care! Take care and I hope all is well for your beautiful family!

Nielson Family said...

I loved looking at your fun Easter day! Doesn't Mom look great in that picture holding MiRinley!! She just gets prettier every year! Love you Crys!