9.26.2008

I absolutely love fall!

It has really been feeling like fall the last few days. My mom gave me a bunch of fresh peaches so I had to put them to use. Thanks mom! I made this Peach Cobbler on Sunday and it made me think of how much I love fall. It is time to pull out your cute jackets that have been sitting in the closet unworn for months. (I have this weird fetish for jackets, really it is my favorite clothing to buy.) Deep cleaning: I know this sounds weird but I really get excited to dejunk my house and scrub down all of the places that really need the cleaning. Fall cooking I think is my favorite part. There are so many fun fall recipes: soups, cobblers, jams, canning peaches, homeade tomato soup, pumpkin cookies, triple chocolate pumpkin cheesecake, the list could go on and on!


Here is the recipe: I used my Apple Crisp recipe and just substituted it with 6 peaches, changed the water to 3/4 cup instead of 1 cup, and decreased the baking time by 5 minutes. Try it out! Hopy you like it! It is super easy and tastes delicious! Happy fall baking!

Apple Crisp-

6 apples- peeled, cored and sliced
1 cup water
1 (18.25 oz) package white cake mix
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange apples in an even layer in bottom of baking dish. Arrange apples in an even layer in bottom of baking dish. Pour water over apples. In a medium bowl mix together cake mix, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir in melted butter until ingredients are thoroughly blended; mixture will be crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over apples. Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes.

2 comments:

Brandon and Becky Patrick said...

YES, that was so good. Remember how we were full when you brought that over, but we ended up eating all of it anyways...

Josh and Liz said...

Yummy! I love fall recipes too! We just had this great apple thing at enrichment that is super easy. I am sending you the recipe you asked me for.