4.28.2008

Let's Hear it For the Boy!

Big time College Grad!





The whole gang


2 years of waiting has finally paid off... He finally got an ipod!!


Lots of BYU alumni stuff...



Crew chose out a BYU ball for Daddy. It was so cute he carried this ball around the whole store when we were getting some things. As you can see didn't really want to give it up.



Crew is developing a love for the finer things in life. He loved this mango smoothie. He didn't want to let go! Look at that death grip!

Why do we ever buy him toys?

Cute kisses from cousin Karrisyn!
He did it! Broc graduated with a Bachelor's in Developmental Biology and Physiology on Friday! Crew did not sleep at all the night before the graduation so you know what that means... we didn't sleep at all either. Well I shouldn't say at all, we finally got him down at 5:00AM. Poor little guy is still trying to get those dang molars in. They just refuse to pop through. So needless to say he was a very tired boy on graduation. I think this was the first time he didn't put on his camera face! (Usually he gets so excited when you take a picture of him, he totally poses for the camera! It really is so cute!) The day turned out really nice despite a few set backs. Why is it that these things always happen on special occasions? Broc didn't try on his cap/gown before so when he go to the Marriot Center and put his cap on it was way too small. It really could have fit Crew. We tried to squeeze it on but it wouldn't stay. So we called a few people in our ward graduating a little bit later to see if Broc could borrow their cap. Finally, we found a cap to borrow! Thanks again Lyle, you really saved the day! Then we discovered that we lost both of Crew's brand new shoes (this is the first time he has worn them) somewhere on the way into the Marriot Center. So much for that. We will try to look in the lost and found in a few days. Hopefull they will turn up.

After the graduation, we went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch with all of our family. They have amazing food if you haven't been there and the Banana Cream Cheesecake is divine! We are so grateful for the generosity, support and love from all of our family who made it down (and even the ones who couldn't make it!) The day was great! I am so proud of Broc for all that he has accomplished! You did it babe!

21 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats!! You did so good with taking some great pics and i loved the candy lei!!! We are glad Lyle was able to help :) Crew is adorable as always!!

Bell Family said...

CONGRATS! It's nice to have school out of the way. Sounds like you guys had such a fun day, and Crew is so big!

Ali said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is awesome that he graduated, and he is finally done. It is nice to have that Bachelor Degree out of the way.

Nicole said...

Congratulations to all 3 of you! Graduating is such an accomplishment and I believe it takes commitment and dedication from the whole family! Not to take anything away from Broc though--good work!! I love all the pics! (Annika is smoothie lover too.)

Nicole said...

Congratulations to all 3 of you! Graduating is such an accomplishment and I believe it takes commitment and dedication from the whole family! Not to take anything away from Broc though--good work!! I love all the pics! (Annika is smoothie lover too.)

Janni said...

Hooray for graduation! I love the pictures on the previous post!

Rosie said...

You guys are hilarious. I love the music, the pictures and the Crew. I only wish I would have thought of senior pictures for Todd :) hehe Miss you!

Mike & Emily West said...

Just wanted to say Congratulations! That really is so exciting and love your pics!

Brandon and Becky Patrick said...

Congrats to Broc!.... However, Crys, I think it is about time for a new post :) Don't act like you don't have tome to do one. Love ya! I can't wait for you to be closer so that me and Crew can play more.

Chelsey said...

Congratulations Broc. It was fun to see you guys walking around campus on the big graduation day. Crystal, you did a great job taking pictures too! I can't believe how grown up Crew is getting!

Brooke said...

Congrats Broc! I hope you can finally move out of college park:) Send me an email and I'll send you an invite to our blog. brookebigelow@gmail.com

Josh and Ashley Fowler said...

Congradulations! That is so exciting!!! You guys are such a cute family I love the pics!!!!

Meradith said...

Congratulations Broc! That's got to feel so good! How are things for you guys? PS Crys can you email me your new mailing address at meraboo@hotmail.com? Thanks!

The Davis' said...

Hey Crystal & Broc! (& Crew!) You guys sure are a cute little family! Congrats on graduating...even though you are a BYU Fan... (My husband graduated from Utah...) Anywho, hope all is well! Have a fantabulous day! Karen & Dustin Davis (used to be Karen Kay...just if you were wondering who this crazy chic is posting a comment on your page..) :)

Teisha said...

Congrats Broc!! It is so fun to see your blog!! Your little boy is so cute... we have a blog to but it is private so send me an email and I will send you an invite... I would love to keep in touch with you guys... teishalee@gmail.com

cari said...

So is it better that Broc is graduated or that you are no longer managing? Congrats on the changes... very exciting. What are you guys doing in Salt Lake? What are your plans? Little Crew is just adorable, but how could he not be with you as his mom. We'd love to get together with you soon.

Jay, Holly and Ava said...

Hey guys its Holly Goode. Just found your blog. Congrats Broc on graduating! Crew is so cute. 9lbs! Thats a good sized baby. I hope all is well with you guys. It would be great to catch up. My blog is ackettfam.blogspot.com if your ever bored.
Congrats again on graduating and Crew!

Heidi and Michael said...

Hey you!!! This is Heidi (Patterson) Johnson. I just came across your blog and I'm oh so happy I did!! Your little boy is darling! Looks like you guys are going great!! I just wanted to say hi and hopefully you'll respond back. I would love to hear from you!

Durrant said...

Hey Heidi! I am so glad you commented! How the heck are you? Do you have a blog? I would love to catch up!

Brandon and Becky Patrick said...

Remember when we both didn't update our blogs for months....

Nicole said...

how exciting for you!!! i loved the updates! you look so beautiful, crystal. i can't believe how big your little boy is. i wish i had met him. maybe someday if you're out east... love you guys!