3.15.2008

The Sweetest Thing

So I have been way behind on Blogging like many of you have noticed. I am still pretty new to this stuff. I am trying to get caught up but our lives just don't seem to slow down. We are still managing the apartment complex and I am working part time 2 days a week (a 14 hr shift and a 10 hr shift). I just keep thinking that life will slow down, but I have come to face reality and accept that I don't think that will ever happen. Crew is changing so much everyday and he learns something new everyday as well. Today I was able to teach him the sign for "down". I just made it up but it is so amazing what he can comprehend. He is so cute when he does the sounds of the animals. The bear is my favorite! I wish I knew how to put video clips on this but am still a little technologically challenged. If any of you want to share the secret just let me know! The one of the snake is so cute too. He just barely learned it. When you ask him what the snake says he sticks his toungue out and in really fast and then says "ssssss"! He really is so fun! I can't believe he is walking and saying words (well sort of). He will just try to immitate words that you say. Today he was saying, "alright!" maybe more like "all-ri". And he loves to point to the picture of the Savior and say "Je Je" (something like that). I really could go on and on. I just love him so much!

The sweetest thing happened about 1 1/2 months ago but we had been teaching Crew to fold his arms during the prayers. Most of the time we would just hold his little hands together during a prayer. It didn't really seem as though we were getting the concept through to him. Broc and I had been fasting and I was going to say the prayer to end our fast. Normally we help Crew fold his arms but just didn't feel like tackling him this time. He was being really quiet so Broc peeked his eyes open to see where he was, and he saw that Crew had come and sat down right by my legs and he had his arms folded. How sweet is that? It is so amazing the learning capability they have! I am so grateful for Crew and for all he teaches me. He will now fold his arms on his own when we tell him we are "saying a prayer/blessing". I can't believe how grown up he is getting.

We still haven't heard word back from Medical Schools but it is definately getting closer. It is such a crazy feeling to not know where we will be in a few months. I know that things will work out for the best and we will end up where we need to be, however prayers are always accepted! We really appreciate all of the love and support from friends and family! Thank you so much!

12 comments:

Rosie said...

He really is so cute and you are a great mom!

The Shelton Family said...

Hey guys love the blog...so cute. It is fun to the pics of Crew. Does Becky have a blog?

Lifes Great Adventures said...

We are glad you updated your blog! We have a blog too http://spackmans.blogspot.com/

Britt said...

Crys- Really he is so cute! It really is so fun to see how fast much and how fast they change. Thanks about Bella-- we think she's pretty cute ourselves, BUT we do realize we are a little partial! So I have so much to tell you and you may not understand this now, but when I'm able to explain you will for sure-- but thank you SO much for the detailed piece of paper you gave me a couple months ago ;0) It helped a TON! You'll have to let me know when you're working the first or second week of April so that when I can actually bring Bella to visit you'll all be there! P.S. I'm so glad you're blogging more now, we can be blogging buddies. Our address is http:themaybs.blogspot.com

Josh and Liz said...

Don't you love those moments? It makes you finally feel like your work is paying off, and how amazing his little testimony will be if you guys keep up the good work!

Jared and Jessica said...

Hey! I love your cute family picture at the top of your blog! I was just going to give you the little secret on adding a video. (I just learned) You know how you insert pictures? There is a little icon next to it (on the right) that kind of looks like a film strip and you just click that and then browse on your computer to find the video you want to upload, like you were uploading pictures. Call me if you need any help :) I took me 2 months to figure it out :)

Jodi said...

Crew is such a cute little guy! I can't believe is has been over a year since I saw you at the hospital. Crazy how time flies. Good luck with the medical school unknown. Everything will work out great.

natalie said...

Tis so fun to see little Crew! He is one happy kid! He has great parents!

kenders said...

See...you must be doing something right! What a great moment! That's priceless. :)

Meredith said...

He's growing up so fast! We love seeing him at church on Sundays. And if you ever want help loading up a video, I'm not very technologically gifted, but I have figured that one out. Give me a call sometime.

Erica said...

Hey Crystal, its Erica. You guys have such a cute little family! Crew must be so much fun. Good luck with Med schools, I've been through the waiting process, it's hard not knowing where you'll be.

Ali said...

That is the cutest story! It is amazing how fast kids learn things. You have such a cute little family!