Broc finished his first semester of medical school! Yay! What an accomplishment! We definitely didn't know what life was going to be like before coming to this island. Broc wondered about the intensity of the school work and I wondered if I could handle being a single mom of 2 in a different country. Though the last 4 months have definitely had challenges and adjustments, it has been worth it. Broc has worked so hard. I know it is only a drop in the bucket for the years that lie ahead, but I am still so proud of how hard he has worked, his discipline and determination. He has done a great job of studying at school and then being able to spend time with the boys and me during the short times when he comes home for dinner. I love that he is teaching our boys by example that by working hard you can accomplish anything. Though it is a huge accomplishment that Broc made it through, I feel like celebrating that I made it through too! All of the time that we have not seen him while he has studied has been worth it because...
he got a

What an accomplishment! We anxiously awaited the posting of his grades! Knowing he had aced every test was hopeful, but the reality was that the comprehensive final was 45% of his grade. The curriculum here is very intense. The information they cover here in 11-12 weeks is comparable to what normal American medical schools cover in 16-20 weeks! Put it into perspective- 20% of Broc's class failed this semester. It has been intense. It has been hard. But I am so proud of Broc for his hard work!
Such a happy day!
I can't tell you the great feelings I felt watching Broc not just pass but excel. After 3 years of rejections - this truly is something to celebrate!

Ironically, Broc and I had already planned to take a day date on this day! My mom and Lynn had come to visit so we took advantage of their time with the boys and snuck away - for 3 hours! It was a perfect day to celebrate! Thanks Mom and Lynn for watching the boys!
Shared a virgin strawberry daiquiri
and a plate of nachos.
We ordered veggie nachos. Not your typical plate of nachos. We didn't realize "veggie" meant dumping a bag of frozen veggies on the chips! Seriously- carrots, peas, corn, green beans and lima beans! Weird. Not one of the greatest meals I have ever eaten!

It was pretty windy and raining on and off. The wind blew a $5 bill out of our bag- right into the ocean.



10 comments:
Never doubted ya Broc... ROCK ON!!!
Way to go Broc! One semester down. I love enjoying breaks on the island. It truly is the only way to relax!
I'm so glad I found your blog!! And I can't believe Broc got a 4.0 living as close as you do to the beach. That's dedication right there. You two look like bronze models. It suits you :)
That is awesome!!! Well done to you both!!! Miss you....
YAY!!!! The happiness in this post is contagious! CONGRATS BROC!!
That is awesome! Congratulations on the 4.0!!
Holy Cow Broc!!! Way to go :) You guys look like such an island family now with your beautiful tans!!!
Congrats!!! Good Job!!! I can't believe that they are able to do that many weeks in a short amount of time. I remember my husband's first semester of Medical School. Yikes!!! I wondered how I would survive the next 4 years. The second year has been easier for both of us. It could be that I've gotten used to his school schedule.
Hang in there. I look forward to his summer break. :)
I am so happy for you guys. I love to read your blog!
Congratulations! You guys deserve all the best.
Post a Comment