My sister gave Crew some high frequency reader books before we left. They were one of the few things we brought with us here. Recently, he has been able to recognize a few words and read some of the books.

Now, he can read all 12 books by himself! I thought that maybe he had just memorized some of them, but I can write the words scrambled on a piece of paper without pictures and he can still read them! He is starting to sound out other words he doesn't know as well. I am so proud of this boy! He loves reading and writing and does such a good job at it. He just loves learning and is so full of questions all the time, especially the meaning of words. He just wants to be so big so fast! He keeps telling me, "When I turn 5, I can wear Daddy's clothes and go to school like Daddy!" He is such a great big brother and it has made my life so much easier. I love this boy so much! When did my little baby Crew grow up?!
4 comments:
holy cow!! Way to go Crew!!!
That's awesome...good job Crew!
Isn't it so fun when they start reading and writing? Ashtons favorite activity is getting computer paper and sounding out words and writing them down. Then he takes them to his teacher the next day. Maybe the next time Crew and Ashton see each other, they can read and write together!
Are you even kidding me...Easton is not anywhere near that! Oh great, I've got to go now and sign up for Sylvan or some special school! :) hee hee
Post a Comment