2.15.2011

Valentine's Day, Dominican Style



The day started off with heart shaped pancakes (no pics, it was kind of rushed). Broc had 2 big tests that day, so he ate and ran. We didn't really get to see him until about 3:30pm when he was done. That was ok, it gave Crew and me some time to make some Valentines! And that meant he could spend the rest of the day with us!

Crew with his sidewalk chalk and Ju-Ju Hearts (thanks to Grammy!)

Crew made this Valentine initially for Broc, but it turned into a valentine for all of us! I drew the heart and he cut them all out and glued them by himself! Can you find all of our names?


Since Broc finished his tests, we had the rest of the night together! That doesn't happen very often. We took advantage of our time together and headed to Red Rock. A place about 30 minutes from our house. It had the cutest path leading to the restaurant/ beach.

It was so great to get to spend the day together!

This place was breath taking. I never imagined I would be spending a Valentine's day in the Caribbean! But I am so glad that I get to!

I love him! And am so glad that he is mine!






We played around at the beach for a bit until it was time for our reservation.






I love this picture!



Crew was pretending he was Man-Cub from Jungle Book. So I told him to give me his Mowgli face... this is what he gave me! He is such a funny kid!

Crew loved finding shells



The treasures he found

More of the amazing view we enjoyed





Crewbers at the bar ready for his shot of milk!


Waiting for our dinner


Enjoying a Pina Colada


Picture taken by Crew~ he did a pretty good job!




The food was amazing! On the menu:

Cheese Ravioli with Portobello mushrooms

Crustini with goat cheese and Kalamata Olives

Broc and I both got the Cashew crusted Mahi Mahi with pineapple jus



This place was so much fun! There were a lot of adults there enjoying their nice meals -no other kids. But they totally accommodated for us. During dinner, they held Jack for us. Then after dinner, they brought us out some marshmallows and let us roast them!

Crew was in heaven

It was a perfect day! Nothing better than spending time with my LOVES~ nothing!

~HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY~

9 comments:

Jared and Jessica said...

Looks like you guys had a great day! Such a beautiful family and what a fun adventure!

Norm and Cassi Beatty said...

Yay! I'm so glad it worked out and that you loved it! Red Rock is by far my favorite beach here

The Herren's said...

Cute pics! Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

I am in LOVE with Crew's curls :) and what a beautiful place!! Those views are unbelievable!!! You guys look great and so happy...so glad that Dominican life is agreeing with you :)

Liz said...

I am just in awe of your surroundings...and glad that you are back to blogging! I think you have the award for the most romantic and beautiful valentines ever! Can I come visit you?
BTW...you look amazing, your boys are adorable, and you and your hubby are freakin tan! I almost want to hurt you:)

Lalis said...

Those pictures are breathtaking! After reading the previous post, it was refreshing to see you all four so happy, enjoying some family time out in the sun and at a beautiful beach! I bet it is very different from what you're used to but it looks like you're making the most of it, hurray! Wish Broc the best of luck in his classes!

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

All I can say is... "aaaaaaah" (that is a big sigh, representing a truly relaxed and peaceful feeling). We love and miss you guys madly, but are so excited for your Dominican adventures!!! My kiddos want to come for a visit... they can't believe how much Jack has grown!

Chelsey said...

Looks like a dream valentines day to me! Crazy that you're in sun and short sleeves, when we had a crazy storm!

ephrielle said...

Wow, you guys totally look like you are living a vacation. That is so great to experience beauty like that.